BC Paddlesports Instructor
25th April and 2nd May - 9:00 - 18:00
An Ofqual Level 1 Qualification for £80
This new addition to the GSK pathway is an extension to the coaching pathway. We are now able to externally provide an Instructor Course. This is an Ofqual Level 1 credited course. This course will give you all the necessary information to run taster and Paddle Discover sessions in a fun, safe way. You will have a dedicated mentor that plans a tailored training programme to ensure that you make the most progress and can move on to instructor safe and exciting session for others. We will even give you the, optional, offer to experience instructing a session with direct support guiding you through the session. This experience is vital to becoming a Paddlesport Instructor.
For more guidance on the process and things you need to do to become a paddlesport instructor, please navigate to the how to get qualified page.
It is vital that all the pre-requisites are met in advance of the course start date, otherwise you will not be able to attend the course. To ensure that you have all the things you need, navigate to the how to get qualified page, for a step by step guidance document to help you through the process and the costs involved.
You will develop:
- Teaching and Learning Styles and Techniques
- Safety and Management
- Leadership and Communication
- Practical Teaching
- A range of activities to help develop learners
Included within the price of this course is:
- 2 Days of Training;
- Resources and a dedicated mentor to guide you through the process;
- Access to paddling equipment (e.g. buoyancy aid - if required);
- The use of a range of boats, kayak, paddle board, SUP and sit-on top.
- Full Home Nation Association Membership;
- Home Nation Association registration of Course Attendance;
- British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue Training;
- Personal paddling and rescue competence, we suggest that you at least have the Paddle Explore Award or our GSK SeaL Course (pre-2018);
- 14 years of age, or older.
Example Costings to become Qualified with GSK
These costs include (exclusive to members of the Scouting and Guiding Association):
The course cost + British Canoeing Membership + British Canoeing Course Registration + Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (not included in this courses cost).
£80.00+£35.00 to £45.00 (age dependent)+£50 = £210
At centres this has a usual retail price of around £400.