Transfer your kayaking skills into an open canoe!
This course follows on from the paddle discover award, further developing the skills that you want to learn and increasing your confidence and knowledge of the sport, within a specific discipline. The course is generally recommended for any member of the Scouts, Guides, Explorers or leaders who are over the age of 11 years old. There will be games, challenges, adventures, skills, a short journey and lots of fun! All you need to do is either choose or try out as many different disciplines as you like.
Explore Canoe provides a few weeks of training and excitement where you can learn new skills and safety within this area of the paddlesport. Canoeing is different to kayaking because it has subtly different characteristics, such as, you are kneeling whist paddling and the paddle only has one blade. We provide the canoes, paddles, safety equipment coupled with the tailored coaching that you need.
On this course, you will:
- Increase your confidence on the water
- Receive high level tuition from qualified coaches
- Further your kayaking ability through learning more complex skills such as rescuing another paddler.
Included within the price of this course, you will receive:
- Coaching sessions tailored to individual needs
- A Bespoke GSK Paddlesport Badge - collect all the badges for all the courses.
- Age: 11 or above
- Be a member of the Scouting or Guiding Association;
- Qualification: See above.
Explore Courses Dates for 2020
This is the full list of courses. Please visit the bookings page to see what availability we have. Our Explore courses only take place on Saturdays.
G: Explore – Canoe - 09:00 – 11:00 – 5th , 12th , 19th and 26th September 2020 (less sessions longer time on the water)