Develop your kayaking skills and roam the waterways of Gosport!
This course follows on from the paddle discover award, further developing the skills that you want to learn and increasing your confidence and knowledge of the sport, within a specific discipline. The course is generally recommended for any member of the Scouts, Guides, Explorers or leaders who are over the age of 11 years old. There will be games, challenges, adventures, skills, a short journey and lots of fun! All you need to do is either choose or try out as many different disciplines as you like.
The Explore Kayak course will help you develop and hone the basic skills that you learned on your Paddle Discover course and begin to progress you into a competent, independent Sea Kayaking Paddler. Throughout your sessions, you will be coached by one of our friendly, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic coaches who will look after you, keep you safe, and help you develop your sea paddling skills and knowledge.
On this course, you will:
- Increase your confidence on the water
- Receive high level tuition from qualified coaches
- Further your kayaking ability through learning more complex skills such as rescuing another paddler.
Included within the price of this course, you will receive:
- Coaching sessions tailored to individual needs
- A Bespoke GSK Paddlesport Badge - collect all the badges for all the courses.
- Age: 11 or above
- Be a member of the Scouting or Guiding Association;
- Qualification: See above.
Explore Courses Dates for 2020
This is the full list of courses. Please visit the bookings page to see what availability we have. Our Explore courses only take place on Saturdays.
F: Explore – Kayak - 09:00 – 10:30 - 13th, 20th and 27th June and 4th, 11th and 18th July 2020