Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
Course A: 18th April 09:00 - 18:00
A British Canoeing Course in Safety and Rescues
As this is one of the pre-requests to become a qualified Instructor or coach, we are also externally organising these courses so that it is possible to progress to an instructor/coach level, if you so wish to progress along the coaching pathway. This provides the information and coaching to be able to safely rescue another paddler in many different situations. This is an enjoyable practical course. You must be prepared to get wet for this course.
This Course is ideal for any leaders or young leaders that are regularly out on the water. The Foundation Safety and Rescue Training will provide you with the necessary knowledge to run safe session for yourself and the paddlers you have out on the water.
You will develop:
- Skills which will enable them to ensure the safety of themselves and others;
- Appropriate rescue skills which can be used to help themselves and/or others in difficulty;
- And how to use the appropriate safety equipment on flat/sheltered water.
- Able to swim in normal paddling clothing suitable for the prevailing conditions;
- Boat-based candidates must have paddling competence. GSK Suggest holding the Paddle Explore Award or Higher;
- Be a member of the Scouting or Guiding Association.
Included within the price of this course:
- A British Canoeing FSRT Certificate;
- Tailored Training and Support;
- 1 Day of Training.