Experience a range of paddlesports to help you choose your pathway.
Our Paddle Discover course runs over five sessions (once a week, generally for five consecutive weeks) and is the ideal starting point for anyone who wants to learn the basics of Paddlesports. No prior experience is needed for this course and pupils will be taught from the first steps. Pupils will have a chance to try kayaking, canoeing and paddle boarding.
The course is generally recommended for any member of the Scouts or Guides who is over 10. There will be games, challenges, adventures, skills, mini journeys and probably the odd swim or two as you really get to grips with this fantastic sport! For those that are concerned, on this course you will not be wearing a spray deck (the material ‘skirt’ that covers the cockpit) and support will be given when you are required to capsize.
Come and try something new, make some new friends, get outside with one of our friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic coaches who will look after you, keep you safe and help you develop your paddling skills.
This course is a British Canoeing qualification and falls under the Paddle Power Scheme. This scheme is specifically designed to meet the needs of young people.
On this course, you will:
- Develop confidence on the water
- Receive high level tuition from qualified coaches
- Have a fun taster experience canoeing
- Try out Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Learn how to move a kayak in different ways, including: forwards, backwards, and sideways.
Included within the price of this course, you will receive:
- Coaching sessions tailored to individual needs
- A Bespoke 2020 GSK Paddlesports Badge that allows you to collect all the course badges and join them together.
- Age: 10 or above
- Be a member of the Scouting or Guiding Association
- Qualification: No prior qualifications are needed for this course.
Discover Courses for 2019
This is the full list of courses. Please visit the bookings page to see what availability we have.
- A: 10:30 – 12:00 – 25th April and 2nd, 9th and 16th May (16th Extended Session10:00-12:00)
- B: 10:30 – 12:00 – 25th April and 2nd, 9th and 16th May (16th Extended Session 10:00-12:00)
- C: 10:30 - 12:00 - 20th and 27th June and 4th, 11th and 18th July 2020